Mobile menu

'Get placeable' isn't working (Word and TE)
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 22:53
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
Aug 4, 2008

For some reason Ctrl+Alt+Down/Left/Right is not working in Word nor in TagEditor. I'm working in a laptop with an external keyboard but every other shortcut is working fine; also, the 'Get Placeable' button is working as usual, it's just the 'Get Placeable' shortcut that's somehow broken.

I have DNS, which I know sometimes interferes with other shortcuts, but I removed all the assigned shortcuts in DNS option menu. I also made sure DNS is not running in the background.

I see how sometimes the Word template can cause problems with non-Word shortcuts but I don't understand why this one shortcut is not working in TE either

For the record, I have Trados 8.2.0.835 and Word 2003 running in a Vista system. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 04:53
German
+ ...
nVidia nView application? Aug 4, 2008

I have some problems on my home PC with nVidia's nView desktop management software preventing certain hotkeys from being recognized. Since many PCs nowadays are equipped with nVidia graphics cards, this may be worth checking out.

HTH,
Benjamin

Peru
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Intel Graphic Card Aug 4, 2008

Hello Benjamin,

Thank you for your answer. But in this case, nVidia's not the problem because I have an Intel video card. I don't even know if the Intel graphic card controls or interferes with any shortcut.

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 04:53
German
+ ...
That reminds me Aug 4, 2008

Ah yes:
http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/kb/article.aspx?aid=1923

HTH,
Benjamin

Peru
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Aug 4, 2008

Thank you!! That did it!

Have a great week

Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

'Get placeable' isn't working (Word and TE)

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs