"Termbase cannot be created"
Thread poster: Astrid Elke Witte

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:27
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Aug 4, 2008

I have had a problem recently trying to export a termbase to .html format. I thought it could not be achieved and could also find no information either in previous forums or in the SDL Trados Knowledgebase. I have had this problem since I got a new computer; I did not have the problem on the old computer.

The problem was that I could export a Multiterm termbase to any format except the one I was most interested in, namely .html format. When I tried to export to .html format, I always got a message saying, "Termbase cannot be created".

I have this evening solved this problem and wish to place the solution on record, for anyone else who has the same problem in the future.

Well, the solution was quite simple. I have a network of directories and sub-directories. I was trying to save my export in one of these. However, the .html export only works for about two levels down from your user name. Three levels down it does not work any more. At the level two levels down from your user name it works beautifully.

In other words, if you want it several sub-directories further down, you have to move it there afterwards.

Hope this helps whoever gets this message in future.

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Local time: 18:27
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Nice ... Aug 6, 2008

Hope this helps whoever gets this message in future.

I have a different problem with Export, maybe you have an idea: CSV export comes out with half a dozen of unnecessary columns (seq Nr, Date created etc ...) and then at the end two columns (in my case) with source and target.

Q1: how to get rid of the extraneous columns?
Q2: how to use the User setup? I tried to fight my way through it, but I always ended with - nothing (g) in the output file.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Termbase cannot be created"

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs