Mobile menu

I can't import my export into the TM (Trados 2007)
Thread poster: KatiaCristina

United Kingdom
Local time: 05:30
English to German
+ ...
Aug 5, 2008

Hello everybody,

I have the following problem:

I work with SDL Trados 2007 and I want to start using Trados for a client. In order to build up my TM, I aligned with WinAlign previous translations and created an export of the alignment.

Whenever I try to import the TM export into my new created TM, I get the information that the import was successful, 0 segments are updated, 0 segments added and that 1250 segments are invalid.

The language settings of the TM and the export are matching, both are English (USA) and Spanish (Spain). Could the problem be related to the special character "ñ" and the acents in Spanish? Do I have to set a special font in my TM for that?

Is there anybody who can help me?

All the best,

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-08-05 18:07]

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Local time: 06:30
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
I could help... Aug 6, 2008

Is there anybody who can help me?

... if you send me the file you have been working on. It would be easier to figure out what's wrong - special characters etc are definitely not the reason for it.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I can't import my export into the TM (Trados 2007)

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs