Thread poster: Writec Srl
Writec Srl
Writec Srl
Italy
Local time: 22:03
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 7, 2008

Former user of SDLX, I've always used HTML filter to translate Robohelp HTML files. No problem at all.

Now that I've upgraded both SDLX and Robohelp (now in Unicode characters..) I have troubles.

Really the source HTML code is not clean, coming from old Word files, is rich of tables, characters as right-double-quote, left-double-quote, Wingdings, , Symbols and so on.

I've replaced all Wingdings and Symbols with HTML characters and at least the SDLX Editor
... See more
Former user of SDLX, I've always used HTML filter to translate Robohelp HTML files. No problem at all.

Now that I've upgraded both SDLX and Robohelp (now in Unicode characters..) I have troubles.

Really the source HTML code is not clean, coming from old Word files, is rich of tables, characters as right-double-quote, left-double-quote, Wingdings, , Symbols and so on.

I've replaced all Wingdings and Symbols with HTML characters and at least the SDLX Editor now is more clean.

The problem is that the HTML filter, maybe with this "mess" of strange chars, seems that change the HTML output. So I've tried to use standard WBF but I see that it segment lines not at '.' but it segment lines in the same way the lines appear in HTML code file.
Example:
In HTML preview:
"Today is a nice day, warm and sunny"

in HTML code :
"(p)Today is a nice "
"day, warm and sunny.(\p)"

and the same in SDLX editor
"Today is a nice "
"day, warm and sunny"

Can you tell me how I can modify the WBF filter in order to tell it to ignore the segmentation in the code but use only the standard segmentation rules?

Thank you
Vilma
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
check source for hard returns Aug 7, 2008

possibly the previewer ignores them (it's neither {\br} nor [\p]) but they may unneccessarily segment the.

Writec Srl
Writec Srl
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
But no [\br] in the line Aug 7, 2008

Hi Vito, thank you for answer me.

In the Code editor, I can see only the [p] and [\p] at the end. No [br], as I was expecting to see, too.

It seems that HTML filter just read the full sentence unti the segment char (in this case '.'). While the WBF filter segments when the sentence goes into the new line, but in the Editor..

Despite of having programmed computers for quite 20 years, I don't know perfectly HTML code. But I told you what I see in the editor..
... See more
Hi Vito, thank you for answer me.

In the Code editor, I can see only the [p] and [\p] at the end. No [br], as I was expecting to see, too.

It seems that HTML filter just read the full sentence unti the segment char (in this case '.'). While the WBF filter segments when the sentence goes into the new line, but in the Editor..

Despite of having programmed computers for quite 20 years, I don't know perfectly HTML code. But I told you what I see in the editor....without "" of course..

"(p)Today is a nice "
"day, warm and sunny.(\p)"

And this creates two segments with WBF and only one (correct) with HTML.

Any other ideas?

Vilma
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX 2007 WBF filter segment sentences while HTML filter not

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »