Thread poster: Noriko Miwa

Noriko Miwa  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:47
Member (2007)
English to Japanese
Aug 8, 2008

Hi there,

I guess it is a simple question, but I can't figure out by myself after upgrading Trados and MS Office together.

I used to see both the source language and the target language in a Word file when I am working on the Trados. But, after upgrading both Trados and MS Office to the latest ones, I can only see the translation (target) in the Word files, and it is inconvenient for reviewing.

I think it is a matter of setting in the Word file, but I can not find where I can do this.

Does anyone know how to change this setting?

Thank you in advance!

Noriko

Direct link Reply with quote

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:47
English to Dutch
+ ...
Invisible text Aug 8, 2008

I work with the German version of Word, so it may not be exactly the same, but if you go to Extra's/Options you can set the items that Word makes visible. I think the tab is called View. You basically need to make 'invisible' text visible in the formatting options.

Good luck!

Noriko Miwa  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:47
Member (2007)
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Aug 8, 2008

Marinus,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I just discovered how to do that.

In Word Option of the Office Button, I found the option to display hidden characters.

Thank you very much!

Noriko

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007/Word 2007 Bilingual Files

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs