https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/112274-with_synergy_how_do_you_ensure_special_tag_setting.html

With Synergy, how do you ensure special tag-setting
Thread poster: Birthe Omark
Birthe Omark
Birthe Omark  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 19:28
Member (2006)
French to Danish
+ ...
Aug 8, 2008

I have a folder with 132 html files, thousands of TU's but with less than 1000 new words to be translated not even all files require work. (This I will only know when I have run translate to fuzzy.)

I have also received the TM and an ini-file to use.

So - I have tried to add the ini-file in the tag-management of the start page of Synergy - but the imported file does not show up.
I have selected New HTML and imported the ini-file. Systems replyes xxxx definiitons,
... See more
I have a folder with 132 html files, thousands of TU's but with less than 1000 new words to be translated not even all files require work. (This I will only know when I have run translate to fuzzy.)

I have also received the TM and an ini-file to use.

So - I have tried to add the ini-file in the tag-management of the start page of Synergy - but the imported file does not show up.
I have selected New HTML and imported the ini-file. Systems replyes xxxx definiitons, import succesful... But when saving I get into trouble with the system telling me that the definitions already exist.
But when creating a new project in Synergy, it turns out, that the tag-setting definition has not been accepted, and Synergy displays in the overview ... that the pre-defined setting has been applied.

**Is it possible to change tag-settings AFTER the Project has been built ?
or
**Is it possible to add the appropriate Tag-setting in TagEditor ? I have tried - but without succes.

Alternatively, I used the glue-function for the 132 files. This worked well. The correct Tag-setting is applied - and I can translate.

Each individual file, as independant files, that is.
If I try to translate to fuzzy from the master file (which ie 4MB+ heavy), then ata certain point, the search stops, and Tag Editor disconnects with a laconic message that there is an error. Nohing else.

Are there any good tips as to how to handle such a file.

With my best regards
Birthe
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

With Synergy, how do you ensure special tag-setting

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »