Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 07:02
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Aug 8, 2008

Hi all,

I know that this error was already mentioned for the cleanup, but that is not my problem.

WinXP SP2, SDL Trados 2006, Build 759

Now, one of my clients sent me the original ppt file + its .ttx. As we have quite a number of full & fuzzy matches, I wanted to pre-translate the ttx.

The no. of translated words was shown in TWB's Translate, but at the end of the process I got the message above and no segments turned out to have been (pre)translated in the ttx.

Just for the sake of it (I always stumbled on odd things), I created my own ttx and TWB's Translate worked perfectly without complaing about any missing filter definition (I actually have the 1.0.0.0 version in my TT folder and Tageditor recognizes ppts) and my ttx is nicely pre-translated < boing >

I managed to retrieve the filter definition 2.0.0.0 from the Net, pasted it in the TT folder and tried again with the ttx sent by the agency.

No way, same message.

Any clue?

I mean, I have no crucial problem, as I have my ttx pre-translated and could work on the ttx sent by the agency (only not pre-translate it), but I am curious as to why

I pasted the filter definition in the TT folder, as all other ones are there (I know that the service pack did not update the definitions for some reasons)... I have for ex. the Excel 1.0.0.0 & 2.0.0.0, but used not to have the Powerpoint 2.0.0.0. For sure I haven't deleted anything form that folder I hadn't opened until today. In the TT folder there is a Filter folder containing some more folders with .jar files, but thought that was not the place to copy the filter definition.

Thanks for enlightment

Giuliana

Direct link Reply with quote

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
TRADOS version on the customer's side? Aug 8, 2008

Giuliana Buscaglione wrote:

Hi all,

I know that this error was already mentioned for the cleanup, but that is not my problem.

WinXP SP2, SDL Trados 2006, Build 759

Now, one of my clients sent me the original ppt file + its .ttx. As we have quite a number of full & fuzzy matches, I wanted to pre-translate the ttx.

The no. of translated words was shown in TWB's Translate, but at the end of the process I got the message above and no segments turned out to have been (pre)translated in the ttx.

Just for the sake of it (I always stumbled on odd things), I created my own ttx and TWB's Translate worked perfectly without complaing about any missing filter definition (I actually have the 1.0.0.0 version in my TT folder and Tageditor recognizes ppts) and my ttx is nicely pre-translated < boing >

I managed to retrieve the filter definition 2.0.0.0 from the Net, pasted it in the TT folder and tried again with the ttx sent by the agency.

No way, same message.

Any clue?

I mean, I have no crucial problem, as I have my ttx pre-translated and could work on the ttx sent by the agency (only not pre-translate it), but I am curious as to why

I pasted the filter definition in the TT folder, as all other ones are there (I know that the service pack did not update the definitions for some reasons)... I have for ex. the Excel 1.0.0.0 & 2.0.0.0, but used not to have the Powerpoint 2.0.0.0. For sure I haven't deleted anything form that folder I hadn't opened until today. In the TT folder there is a Filter folder containing some more folders with .jar files, but thought that was not the place to copy the filter definition.

Thanks for enlightment

Giuliana

Hi, Guiliana,

The first thing I would check is the TRADOS version used to create the TTX file on the customer side. Are you both using exactly the same version?

You can check this within the TTX file properties.

Daniel

[Edited at 2008-08-08 20:05]

Austria
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
2006 vx 2007 Aug 12, 2008

Hi Daniel,

thanks, that was (and is) the problem, i.e. I got a ttx created with the 8.0 version.

Fortunately, the ttx I created (and translated) could be opened and saved as target within the 8.0 version by my client (QA is done internally on the bilingual file, so I needed to be sure they could work on my translation).

Giuliana

frmwa
English to French
PowerPoint Filter 2.0.0.0 Mar 31, 2010

If you open the file with a text editor like Wordpad, you can edit the header
You would have :

blablabla TRADOS PowerPoint Filter 2.0.0.0 blablabla

You change this to :

TRADOS PowerPoint Filter 1.0.0.0

You save the file

You open it with Tageditor and you won't get the message again.

Before sending back the file, you should do the same thing the other way round.

(And hope the client won't have trouble !)
But you can try and ask.

Austria
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanx! Mar 31, 2010

Hello frmwa,

thank you for your tipp!

(I did solve the immediate problem in that I created myself the ttx file... two years ago and the client had no problem)

Giuliana

[Edited at 2010-03-31 19:33 GMT]

Lubomir Moudry  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TRADOS PowerPoint Filter 2.0.0.0 - WordPad won't do the job Aug 18, 2011

Thanks everyone for helping me handle the same issue (I'm a TT 7 user). Only to note that WordPad won't do the job above as it warns saving will remove any formatting. But using NotePad instead worked fine! Lubomir

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error -2147467259 Filter definition not found: TRADOS PowerPoint Filter 2.0.0.0

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs