Thread poster: translateitnow
translateitnow
translateitnow
Local time: 16:13
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 10, 2008

Hello again:

i received a file to translate and it is in excel, but i need to use Trados to translate it how can use Trados in excel???

Thank you

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:13
English to German
+ ...
Tag Editor Aug 10, 2008

Hi "translateitnow",
Unfortunately you didn't specify which version of Trados you're using. Depending on the version (IIRC Trados 6.5 or later), you can use TagEditor to open Excel files.

Note that this has been discussed several times in this forum - please use the forum search for more details.

Best regards,
Ralf

Yana Bukharova
Yana Bukharova  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:13
English to Russian
+ ...
Just open TagEditor Aug 11, 2008

Hi!
Yes, you just need to open TagEditor and there open your excel file - that's all... But, yeah, didn't mention what version of Trados do you use.

Best regards,
Yana

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 05:13
English to Thai
+ ...
Trados for Clipboard Aug 11, 2008

The Trados for Clipboard application is also convenient for Excel files in certain situations e.g. texts in graphic, small files.

Regards,
SL

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can i use Trados in excel

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »