Thread poster: Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 19:23
Spanish
+ ...
Aug 11, 2008

Lately I've been getting a lot of Trados spam but I just checked the links and they're not actually from SDL. Also, the graphics and fonts are very low quality. On the bottom there's another logo: Powered by Exact Target.

The latest emails are about the ATA conference in Orlando and the Trados certification program. So, are these emails an attempt of phishing information or is SDL resorting to good old-fashion spam?

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:23
Swedish to English
+ ...
Massmail program Aug 11, 2008

ExactTarget is a massmail program (part of/connected to SalesForce - a CRM tool).

How do I know this? I use it in my daytime job to send emails to our clients/prospects. We only started using this tool some months ago (we previously used Maxemail).

Check these two sites to
... See more
ExactTarget is a massmail program (part of/connected to SalesForce - a CRM tool).

How do I know this? I use it in my daytime job to send emails to our clients/prospects. We only started using this tool some months ago (we previously used Maxemail).

Check these two sites to get some more info:

www.exacttarget.com
www.salesforce.com

As regards the low quality graphics and fonts, I assume that's all down to SDL. Any graphics we use in our emails are produced by our design team.

ExactTarget has quite a few hurdles you have to jump (i.e. confirming all clients have accepted to be sent emails, etc) before you can click send. If you've not agreed (or asked not) to receive emails from SDL, they might be in breach of data protection laws.

I'm surprised you mention that the links aren't from SDL. How do you check this? I always test click any links before hitting send and they look like ordinary links to our site. Maybe I should right click them as well?

Regards,
Madeleine
Collapse

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:23
Swedish to English
+ ...
BTW - could be considered as spam Aug 11, 2008

If you're getting frequent emails.

We have a policy of sending as few emails as possible, but still keeping our clients updated with developments. The last thing we want is for our clients to think we're spamming them (and consequently adding our email address to their spam filter).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados emails from http://cl.exct.net - Phishing or SDL spam

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »