Mobile menu

How to export/import only new entries (updates) from multiterm?
Thread poster: Prof Projex

Prof Projex  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 17:14
English to Chinese
+ ...
Aug 15, 2008

I often work on the same files between 2 different computers, one at the office and one at home. Lately, I've been building up a rather large term base term by term. I would export the TB, bring it to my other computer, and import it, and basically do this back and forth. But I'm noticing it's not "updating" the current term base with the new stuff, but rather just copying the entire term base catalog. So if I had 200 words in location A and B, added 10 more terms while at A (now 210 total), exported, then imported to B, B would now have 410, and everything would show up twice in workbench term base searches except for those 10 new words. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, but can't seem to find the option I'm looking for, no matter how deep as I dig down in those several hundred page trados manuals. Can anyone offer some advice? Thanks so much if so!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to export/import only new entries (updates) from multiterm?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs