Thread poster: libby965

libby965
United States
Local time: 12:07
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 15, 2008

Hi there,
I need to translate a chart in Visio and wanted to include in TM. Prev. strings in forum seem to indicate this may not be possible. So my question is: what is the visio.ini. tag setting file mentioned in Trados File Format Reference Guide used for and can I leverage it for what I want to do?

(I have Trados 7.0 version)
Thanks!

(corrected reference is in file ref. guide rather than workbench guide)

[Edited at 2008-08-15 15:33]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:07
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You've already find out what to do Aug 15, 2008

In Tageditor, menu Tools, Tag settings, open the Visio.ini
Then open the Visio file you want to translate in Tageditor.

That should be all

libby965
United States
Local time: 12:07
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
problems with visio chart Aug 18, 2008

Hi there,
I tried opening in Tageditor already, but I get error message: 800003: Tageditor is unable to open this document because the file type is not recognized.

I have the visio.ini tag file settings. Not sure what else I might need to do? Thanks again for any help!

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Same problem Nov 19, 2009

I'm bumping this thread because I have the same problem you describe (same error message).

I have received a Visio file for translation and even after loading the .ini file in TagEditor, I get the error message 'file type not recognised'.

Could it be because Visio is not installed on my computer? I work with SDL Trados 2006 under Windows XP with MS Office 2003.

PMz
Save as XML Nov 19, 2009

Marie-Claude Falardeau wrote:

I'm bumping this thread because I have the same problem you describe (same error message).

I have received a Visio file for translation and even after loading the .ini file in TagEditor, I get the error message 'file type not recognised'.

Could it be because Visio is not installed on my computer? I work with SDL Trados 2006 under Windows XP with MS Office 2003.

You need to save Visio files as XML in order to translate in TagEditor.

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
And to do that... Nov 19, 2009

... I presume Visio is needed?

I'm currently downloading the trial version, to be continued. Thanks for the tip though!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

translating Visio files - visio.ini tag setting file

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums