Mobile menu

Headers/Footers with Workbench 8
Thread poster: Edgar Moros, PhD

Edgar Moros, PhD
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 18, 2008

I'm using Workbench 8 with Office XP. The problem is that when I try to open text in headers and footers, nothing happens. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

Edgar

PS. I just realized I made a mistake, I'm using Word 2007 (on a Vista operating system, which is hate).

[Edited at 2008-08-18 19:18]

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 13:23
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
... Aug 18, 2008

Hello Edgar,

WB opens the header and footer segments at the end of the translation. Try to go to the very last segment of your document and then open the next segments, which should be the headers/footers.

Good luck,

Claudia

Edgar Moros, PhD
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tried that, doesn't work Aug 18, 2008

Hi Claudia,

I have gone to the end of many documents and the header/footer section does not open. I have gone in using the different view options in Word and I cannot get the header/footer sections to open.

KSL Berlin  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 18:23
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Make it easy on yourself Aug 18, 2008

Just use TagEditor for the document. If you get used to that, then you won't suffer with footnotes, cross-references and so on.

However, because there are occasional problems re-exporting a translation from TagEditor, you should do a "test round trip" as soon as you make the TTX file.

[Edited at 2008-08-18 18:10]

Edgar Moros, PhD
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Kevin Aug 18, 2008

TagEditor will work. Thanks. However, I have a translated doc (already using Word) and when I tried opening it in TagEditor it tells me I cannot open it because it has been saved as a bilingual file. Any suggestions?

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 13:23
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
Translate it again Aug 19, 2008

Edgar Moros wrote:

TagEditor will work. Thanks. However, I have a translated doc (already using Word) and when I tried opening it in TagEditor it tells me I cannot open it because it has been saved as a bilingual file. Any suggestions?

Since you already translated your file, you can re-translate the original file in TagEditor. In the TM options (in Workbench), check if your TM is automatically updated. If not, clean your bilingual file (the one in Word) so your TM is updated with your translation. Then, open the original file with TagEditor and Translate your file with the updated TM.

Concerning your problem with the footers and WB, Vito Smolej suggested adding an 'end of paragraph' mark at the end of the document. Link

Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Headers/Footers with Workbench 8

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs