https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/113117-new_to_trados_rtf_files_and_tradostag_files.html

New to Trados - RTF files and TradosTag files
Thread poster: Susannah Bayley
Susannah Bayley
Susannah Bayley
France
Local time: 15:55
French to English
Aug 20, 2008

Hi all,

Can anyone help - I've done my first translation in using SL Trados 2007 and in synergy, I am unable to calculate translation progress, or verify the translation. The following messages come up:

'Count Translated Words:Echec de la tâche pour tous les fichiers de tâche'

and

'No files found to verify, only TradosTag files that have not been finalised can be verified.'

I think I'm missing something blindingly obvious but I
... See more
Hi all,

Can anyone help - I've done my first translation in using SL Trados 2007 and in synergy, I am unable to calculate translation progress, or verify the translation. The following messages come up:

'Count Translated Words:Echec de la tâche pour tous les fichiers de tâche'

and

'No files found to verify, only TradosTag files that have not been finalised can be verified.'

I think I'm missing something blindingly obvious but I used Microsoft Word as the editor (vista) and so my file is and RTF file and not TradosTag as if I'd used TagEditor.

Any help would be gratefully received,
Thanks
Collapse

Susannah Bayley
Susannah Bayley
France
Local time: 15:55
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Update Aug 20, 2008

Reading the user manuals has answered the question about verification, the count translated words remains a mystery but I am still reading!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New to Trados - RTF files and TradosTag files

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »