Mobile menu

Different total wordcount with different TM!
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 03:18
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
Aug 20, 2008

I did an analysis of a Word document and I got a total wordcount. Then I realized I had used the wrong TM so I redo the analysis and I got 28 more words (Total Words), including three more repetitions. I even made sure to download the same file again in case I had accidentally modified the file, but I got the same wordcount. How is that possible since I never changed the settings?

I use Trados 2007 SP2 and Word 2003.

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 03:18
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
And now it's back to the original number of words Aug 20, 2008

I run the analysis tool again, and the total wordcount is back to the original number. I'm very confused. The only thing I did was clicking on the Track Changes button, which I noticed was turned on. Again, the document was not modified by any means, but turning on/off the Track Changes button doesn't really do anything. I mean, on or off, the wordcount is now the same, which is the original number.

Sherey Gould  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:18
German to English
Word count varies even weird in Word itself Aug 21, 2008

It even varies within Word itself - one count from when the document itself open and then another when right-clicking on the icon to bring up the properties .... the count from when the document is open is the correct one but I really have long since given up attempting to figure out why!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Different total wordcount with different TM!

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs