Thread poster: Alexandra Bühler

Alexandra Bühler  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:21
English to German
+ ...
Aug 22, 2008

Dear all,

I would like to install Office 2007 (I'm still working with Office 2003), but I'm not sure about the following:

I have started a project with .mif files which I have converted into rtf files with Trados. Now I'm wondering if there will be problems reconverting the rtf files to mif files when I upgrade to Office 2007?

Thanks for your input!
Alexandra

Direct link Reply with quote

Alex Du
China
Local time: 11:21
English to Chinese
I should be no Problem! Aug 22, 2008

Alexandra Bühler wrote:

Dear all,

I would like to install Office 2007 (I'm still working with Office 2003), but I'm not sure about the following:

I have started a project with .mif files which I have converted into rtf files with Trados. Now I'm wondering if there will be problems reconverting the rtf files to mif files when I upgrade to Office 2007?

Thanks for your input!
Alexandra

Even if you have no Office installed, you can converted rtf back to Mif.

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 05:21
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Check compatibilty first Aug 22, 2008

before installing Office 2007 you might want to read
http://www.proz.com/post/916589#916589
and other postings about Office 2007.

I personally had to revert to 2003, as heap of my programs didn't work with Office 2007.

Uldis

Alexandra Bühler wrote:

Dear all,

Thanks for your input!
Alexandra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Office 2003 > 2007 / reconversion rtf to mif files

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs