Blandine Proust
Blandine Proust  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:19
German to French
+ ...
Aug 28, 2008

Hi,

I am using SDL Trados 2007. When I use the "Edit Translation Unit..." function in Workbench in order to edit the TU directly in the TM without opening the segment in the document, I get the following error message:

"User ID can only be changed to an existing user of the TM."

...which is weird, since I am the only user on my computer, I have never changed my user ID and I created the TM. (The problem occurs with all TMs) And my user ID appears in the 'cr
... See more
Hi,

I am using SDL Trados 2007. When I use the "Edit Translation Unit..." function in Workbench in order to edit the TU directly in the TM without opening the segment in the document, I get the following error message:

"User ID can only be changed to an existing user of the TM."

...which is weird, since I am the only user on my computer, I have never changed my user ID and I created the TM. (The problem occurs with all TMs) And my user ID appears in the 'creation user' and 'change user' fields in the Edit translation unit window.

Does someone know how to solve this ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Blandine
Collapse

Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:19
English to Dutch
+ ...
Same here, just delete the ID Aug 28, 2008

Hi Blandine

I have the same problem sometimes, although I know that I did change my ID before, so I thought that was the reason. My solution: just hit the DEL button twice to remove the ID in the boxes.

Good luck.

Blandine Proust
Blandine Proust  Identity Verified
Canada
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Aug 29, 2008

Oh, that was that easy... Thanks a lot for your help Marinus !

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 12:19
French to English
+ ...
The ultimate solution Aug 29, 2008

Hi Blandine,
To avoid identity problems between you and yourself in the future, just deselect those fields when creating a new TM. This should eliminate the problem altogether.
Sandra

Jeanette Lundström
Jeanette Lundström  Identity Verified
Canada
English to Swedish
+ ...
where to delete? Dec 3, 2012

Having the same issue... where am I supposed to hit delete twice?

ErikAnderson3
ErikAnderson3
Local time: 02:19
Two of the "System fields" on the bottom of the dialog Dec 3, 2012

~ Jeanette ~ wrote:

Having the same issue... where am I supposed to hit delete twice?

Hello Jeanette --

So you've opened a TU to translate. In Workbench, right-click on one of the flags next to the source or target segment shown in the lower pane and select Edit Translation Unit.... On the bottom of the next dialog, you'll see a section marked System fields -- I believe Marinus is referring to the two fields labeled Creation user: and Change user:.

Hope this helps,

-- Erik Anderson

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 - Can't edit TU in Workbench

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »