DR Maryam Taghavi
DR Maryam Taghavi  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:36
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Aug 29, 2008

Hi.

I do not know the replacement of repeated words works in trados. Let's say, I have just started translating an ini file while building translation memory. the first file does not have any repetition. I get to the second file which has lots of repetition. What should I do to replace the repeated words automatically?

Thanks for your help

USER0059 (X)
USER0059 (X)  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 09:36
English to Finnish
+ ...
When a reasonably matching <em>segment</em> is found, TagEditor suggests it Aug 29, 2008

DR Maryam Taghavi wrote:

I do not know the replacement of repeated words works in trados. Let's say, I have just started translating an ini file while building translation memory. the first file does not have any repetition. I get to the second file which has lots of repetition. What should I do to replace the repeated words automatically?

If there is a match of at least the percentage you have specified in the setup, e.g. 70%, TagEditor will suggest that match. Partial matches are shown on a yellow background, while 100% matches appear on a green one.

Translator's Workbench works on the segment level, not word by word. You can perform manual search and replace operations in TagEditor though.

DR Maryam Taghavi
DR Maryam Taghavi  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:36
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Aug 29, 2008

Thanks very much!

With Best wishes of a prosprous future

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

replacement of repeated words in trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »