Real time update TM without Server. How?
Thread poster: xxxCCF
xxxCCF
Local time: 04:02
Aug 29, 2008

HI Everyone,

I'm a PM in a small language service company.

We have a potention project. It's 115,000 words into 8 langagues. We will only have 2 weeks to do the translation and reviewing. So the project will be complete by serval translators per language.

The source texts are mainly technical: help files of a website and some java strings as well. Terminology consistency is essential and the translator should be able to update the TM while doing the translation.

We have SDL Trados 2007 Professional SP2, but we don't have any server. It's also not practical to purchase any server just for this one project.

So my question is: is there a way to let the translators to update the TM real time without a server?

If not, is there any other way/software that allows us to keep the terminology consistency for this project?

Your help will be very much appreciated!!

Direct link Reply with quote

Mari Noller
United Kingdom
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Perhaps QA Distiller Aug 29, 2008

Hi,

Not sure about the real time server, but QA Distiller is a program you can use to check for terminology errors and consistencies. I've found it very useful for large projects with short deadlines.

xxxCCF
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! :) Sep 1, 2008

Mari Noller wrote:

Hi,

Not sure about the real time server, but QA Distiller is a program you can use to check for terminology errors and consistencies. I've found it very useful for large projects with short deadlines.

Thanks, Mari! I'll try it.

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:02
English to Polish
Buy Pro versions and put the translators in the same LAN Sep 1, 2008

Buy the appropriate number of Pro licenses, put your translators in the same LAN, put the TM in the network share and ask translators to use the same TM (they have to open it in non-exclusive mode).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Real time update TM without Server. How?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs