Mobile menu

Making TagEditor ignore FrameMaker index markers?
Thread poster: Atso Puronen
Atso Puronen
Local time: 15:16
English to Finnish
Sep 3, 2008

One of my colleague asked me how to make TagEditor to ignore index markers in FrameMaker files during translation? She wants to get a wordcount without them...

Is her request possible and doesit make sense?

Thanks in advance,

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 14:16
+ ...
Hmm... Sep 3, 2008

Are we talking about the markers (=the tags?) or the index entries? Because the tags aren't counted as words anyway, whereas the index entries ARE counted because they DO need to be translated.

Tomás Cano Binder, CT  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:16
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not possible as far as I am aware Sep 4, 2008

I have been using S-Tagger for FrameMaker files for some 8-9 years and I never heard of that possibility of not translating the index entries.

Can you tell us what the format of the S-Tagger translatable files is? Are they TTX files or RTF files? If you convert FrameMaker files to RTF files, at least you have the possibility of making the index entries External, so that they are not included in the analysis. You can do that with Word's Find/Replace function. Just let us know what kind of translatable files you have.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Making TagEditor ignore FrameMaker index markers?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs