Thread poster: yukarielliott

yukarielliott  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:19
Member (2008)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Sep 7, 2008

Hello,

I am using Trados 2007 Freelance and translating .ttx file which was converted from .xls file in TagEditor. When I try to save the .ttx file as .xls file by clicking on "Save Target As...", the following error appears:
"Connection with server application error: Unable to locate original file: C:\xxxxx\xxx\xxx/file name.xls. Please copy this original file into directory above and try again."
Is it impossible to generate .xls file in TagEditor without having original file?

Thank you very much in advance.
Best regards,
Yukari

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:19
English to German
+ ...
Original file needed Sep 8, 2008

Hi Yukari,

Is it impossible to generate .xls file in TagEditor without having original file?

AFAIK, yes.

Best regards,
Ralf

KSL Berlin  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:19
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Path must be correct, too Sep 8, 2008

Even if you have the original file, there may be problems if that file is renamedor the path has changed. When in doubt, open the TTX in a text editor and look at the path specification.

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:19
Member (2005)
German to Spanish
Hm... Sure? Sep 8, 2008

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Yukari,

AFAIK, yes.

Best regards,
Ralf

It happens to me too. If the original file is not there, TagEditor can not "clean" it.

Maybe embedded objects, images, cross references or macros... I don't know, but for some reasons without original it was not possible.

in 3 occasions I had this problem and only when the client send to me the original file, TE has clean it without problem.

Regards

[Edited at 2008-09-08 20:16]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Generating .xls file from .ttx file in TagEditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs