error ((80001): translator's workbench Error while working on ttx files (Tageditor).
Thread poster: Hani Hassaan

Hani Hassaan  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 02:56
Member (2007)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Sep 7, 2008

Hello,
I wonder If you have experienced this error ((80001): translator's workbench Error: The server threw an exception) during his/ her working on ttx files, the strange thing that I can go through all the file smoothly but at some point (sentence), this message apprears and Trados does not run, I will greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks for all


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Sushan Harshe
India
Local time: 06:26
English to Hindi
+ ...
error in workbench Sep 8, 2008

check this forum: http://esl.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/50804-error_80001_in_tag_editor-.html

Direct link Reply with quote
 

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:56
English
Try this... Sep 8, 2008

Hello Hani,

It seems that your translation memory has become corrupt. Fortunately, there is a workaround to solve this problem:

1. Export the TM to a TXT file.
2. Open the TXT file in Notepad and delete the entire "RTF Preamble" section leaving only the opening tag and closing tag in place.
3. Save the TXT file.
4. Create a new TM using the same language pair.
5. Import newly modified TXT file to new TM.

You should no longer receive the error.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Hani Hassaan  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 02:56
Member (2007)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works now Sep 8, 2008

Hi Gareth,
Many thanks for help, all ok now.
And thanks Harshe too.

All the best
Hani


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Alex Pszczola  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:56
English to Polish
+ ...
It did not help me - I got the same error again Oct 29, 2008

Hello

I am running SDL Trados 2007 SP2 and in ttx file I got this 80001 error.
I deleted the rtf preamble as in your procedure and still get this error in the same place.

Best regards,
Alex


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Helga Humlova  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
For me it worked Jul 22, 2009

I had this problem today - and for me it worked. Thanks Gareth!

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Elizabeth Spacilova  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 02:56
Czech to English
+ ...
Dtto Alex Sep 25, 2010

Same problem as Alex. Same version as Alex, too. Fix did not help. Instead I am chopping the file into pieces and leaving the suspect sentences out of Tag Editor. I will add the translation later when I put the file back together again.

A Humpty Dumpty solution, if you will. Quite typical *grrr*


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Elizabeth Spacilova  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 02:56
Czech to English
+ ...
PS Oct 7, 2010

The error happened again - in the very same document. In both cases it seems as though there was an identical cause: the translation memory brought up a sentence in the target language that contained a comment (viewable in the TM as < AN >).

I wonder if there is a relatively way to get rid of the annotation in the TM. My solution right now is chopping the document into pieces to cut out the guilty sentence, translating in tageditor, and then pasting the files back together in Word using the "manually" translated problem sentences as thick layers of "glue", if you will.

[Edited at 2010-10-07 11:42 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Paola Manfreda  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:56
German to Italian
+ ...
same problem Jan 13, 2012

Hello,

unfortunately I am experiencing today the very same problem. I deleted the entire "RTF Preamble" section leaving only the opening tag and closing tag in place, as the SDL support suggested.

I created a new TM and imported - or better say tried to import - it in my Workbench. A new error message appeared. It says my file has no header.

What should I do to solve this problem?

Paola


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Suzanne Smart  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:56
Italian to English
+ ...
Same problem Jun 19, 2012

Paola, did you ever manage to solve the problem? I have the same problem now (no header).

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Andrey Gunko  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 03:56
Member (2013)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Thanks Nov 16, 2013

Thank you kindly guys, the variant with deletion of header works.

Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

error ((80001): translator's workbench Error while working on ttx files (Tageditor).

Advanced search







memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs