yelliott
yelliott
Japan
Local time: 19:18
Japanese to English
+ ...
Sep 10, 2008

Hello,
I use Trados 2007 Freelance, Word 2007, Windows Vista. I cannot open a segment in word header/footer area. I get error, "No text to translate at cursor position." I remember I could open segment when I was using Trados 6.5 and Word 2003. Is there any special way to open a segment with my current version of software?
Thank you very much in advance.
Regards,
Yukari

Buck
Buck
Netherlands
Local time: 12:18
Dutch to English
Headers/footers in Trados Sep 10, 2008

I usually just go to the menu and select header/footer and then open the segment manually. If there's another way to do it, I'd like to know.

Yana Bukharova
Yana Bukharova  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:18
English to Russian
+ ...
You just need to open it manually Sep 10, 2008

Hi,

You just need to double click to header/footer (it'll open) and then begin to translate with Trados there. I always do in such a way, no problem further (and during cleaning the document everything is ok with this header)

Hope, my answer was useful

Yana

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 12:18
English to Swedish
+ ...
TagEditor Sep 11, 2008

Or simply use TagEditor instead to work on this document...
TE has much better support for advanced Word layout, IMHO.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to open Trados segment in word header/footer

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »