Footnotes and fuzzy matches
Thread poster: Lucía Bermúdez Carballo
Lucía Bermúdez Carballo  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:04
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 10, 2008

Hi everyone!
I have just finished translating (English-Spanish) a big word doc with lots of footnotes and have recently noticed that my Trados toolbar has disappeared and have finally managed to fix it. I read in other posts that this might be related to an unappropriate use of footnotes and I would like to know what I did wrong!
I am aware that I did not follow the standard translation order for fuzzy matches in the main text (once, I think I quite plainly copied the superscript reference in the main text from the source into the goal segment. I blush to think of that!).
When I started realising how dirty that procedure was, I changed it and did the following:
1. I copied my fuzzy match into a blank doc.
2. I copied the source (alt+insert) into the goal segment.
3. I recopied the fuzzy match from the blank doc back into the goal segment (thus overwriting the English and preserving the superscript reference).
I hope my explanation is clear enough. Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Footnotes and fuzzy matches

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs