Mobile menu

Translated segments remaining after clean up
Thread poster: Kate Larabie
Kate Larabie  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:00
French to English
Sep 10, 2008

I am using Trados 2007 version and I seem to be having a little trouble with it!

The client originally sent me a document on notepad which I then opened with word. I have translated the file now and when I saved it all looked normal i.e. just the translation showing but I have gone back into it and both French and English as well as all the tags are showing. Hidden text is not selected and I have even clean the document and it is still showing. Could this be to do with the original format? Can anyone advise me on how to get rid of the French and the tags so just the translated sections are showing?

Please help!!

Thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:00
Partial member
+ ...
Run the tw4winClean.Main macro Sep 10, 2008

In Word, go to Tools > Macro > Macros and run tw4winClean.Main

Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:00
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
retranslate Sep 10, 2008

And if the macro doesn't work, you could also open the doc in Word, retranslate (option translate till fuzzy) and save your doc as doc/rtf. By retranslating the same file, the source text will return to it's hidden state.

Kate Larabie  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:00
French to English
THANK YOU!!! Sep 10, 2008

Thank you s very much for your help!

I tried the Macro and it worked immediately - you have no idea how much time you have saved me on this huge document!

Thank you again to both Claudia and ReneevB for your very helpful posts.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translated segments remaining after clean up

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs