Thread poster: Kate Larabie
Kate Larabie
Kate Larabie  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:48
French to English
Sep 10, 2008

Hi!

I am using Trados 2007 version and I seem to be having a little trouble with it!

The client originally sent me a document on notepad which I then opened with word. I have translated the file now and when I saved it all looked normal i.e. just the translation showing but I have gone back into it and both French and English as well as all the tags are showing. Hidden text is not selected and I have even clean the document and it is still showing. Could this be to d
... See more
Hi!

I am using Trados 2007 version and I seem to be having a little trouble with it!

The client originally sent me a document on notepad which I then opened with word. I have translated the file now and when I saved it all looked normal i.e. just the translation showing but I have gone back into it and both French and English as well as all the tags are showing. Hidden text is not selected and I have even clean the document and it is still showing. Could this be to do with the original format? Can anyone advise me on how to get rid of the French and the tags so just the translated sections are showing?

Please help!!

Thanks in advance
Kate
Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 08:48
Spanish
+ ...
Run the tw4winClean.Main macro Sep 10, 2008

In Word, go to Tools > Macro > Macros and run tw4winClean.Main

Renée van Bijsterveld
Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:48
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
retranslate Sep 10, 2008

And if the macro doesn't work, you could also open the doc in Word, retranslate (option translate till fuzzy) and save your doc as doc/rtf. By retranslating the same file, the source text will return to it's hidden state.

Kate Larabie
Kate Larabie  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:48
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
THANK YOU!!! Sep 10, 2008

Thank you s very much for your help!

I tried the Macro and it worked immediately - you have no idea how much time you have saved me on this huge document!

Thank you again to both Claudia and ReneevB for your very helpful posts.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translated segments remaining after clean up

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »