https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/115358-word_error_message_after_downloading_trados.html

Word Error Message after downloading Trados
Thread poster: Adele Palmeri
Adele Palmeri
Adele Palmeri  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 23:45
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 15, 2008

Hi, I have downloaded Trados8 and keep getting this error message:

Word Developer Home > Visio > Visio 2007 Automation Reference > Visual Basic for Applications Language Reference > Visual Basic Language Reference > Error Messages

File not found (Error 53)
The file was not found where specified. This error has the following causes and solutions:
A statement, for example, Kill, Name, or Open, refers to a file that doesn't exist.
Check the spelling of
... See more
Hi, I have downloaded Trados8 and keep getting this error message:

Word Developer Home > Visio > Visio 2007 Automation Reference > Visual Basic for Applications Language Reference > Visual Basic Language Reference > Error Messages

File not found (Error 53)
The file was not found where specified. This error has the following causes and solutions:
A statement, for example, Kill, Name, or Open, refers to a file that doesn't exist.
Check the spelling of the file name and the path specification.
An attempt has been made to call a procedure in a dynamic-link library (DLL) or Macintosh code resource, but the library or resource file name specified in the Lib clause of the Declare statement can't be found.
Check the spelling of the file name and the path specification.
In the development environment, this error occurs if you attempt to open a project or load a text file that doesn't exist.
Check the spelling of the project name or file name and the path specification.
For additional information, select the item in question and press F1 (in Windows) or HELP (on the Macintosh).

Can anybody help me?

Thank you

Adele
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Right forum? Sep 16, 2008

Hi,
Since you explicitly mention Trados, we have moved your topic to the SDL Trados Support forum. Can you please indicate where you see the "Trados connection" in your problem? The alternative would be to move it to Office applications, for example.

Best, Ralf

Adele Palmeri
Adele Palmeri  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Could it be an installation fault? Sep 16, 2008

Hi Ralf,

Thank you for your reply.
The problem started just after the download, that is why I link it to a potential installation fault. Every time I open Word I get that message, regardless if the WB is open or not.

I posted the question in the forum because I thought maybe someone using the same OS and the same version of Office might have experienced the same kind of problems and could give me a tip on how to fix it.

I'll try to uninstall and reins
... See more
Hi Ralf,

Thank you for your reply.
The problem started just after the download, that is why I link it to a potential installation fault. Every time I open Word I get that message, regardless if the WB is open or not.

I posted the question in the forum because I thought maybe someone using the same OS and the same version of Office might have experienced the same kind of problems and could give me a tip on how to fix it.

I'll try to uninstall and reinstall and see what happens.

Thank you.

Cheers

Adele
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word Error Message after downloading Trados

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »