Questions about SDL Trados 2007 before purchasing it
Thread poster: fgouvrit
fgouvrit
Local time: 18:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 16, 2008

Hi.
I'm starting as a freelance trasnlator and I'm considering buying the SDL trados 2007.
But I still have some questions

1- If I buy a licence, is it possible to install in my 2 computers with the .lic licence?

2- The agency I work for uses it, and they allow me to work into their office, but as a freelance, working in my free time, I'd like to work from home. Do you think the software is a good investment?

3- I'm also new on ProZ, and I saw a few posts refering to group prices. Can someone explain a little more about this. How long would I have to wait to buy it this way?
Is the beginners kit (training + sdl trados 2007) for 700 dlls a good deal? or should I wait more?

4. one last thing. I got a .itd file. Does trados 6.5 or 7 work with this file extension? I tried to open his at the ofice and couldn't

Thanks
Florence (spanish, french, english)

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-09-16 01:42]

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 07:24
Partial member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Reply Sep 16, 2008

1- If I buy a licence, is it possible to install in my 2 computers with the .lic licenses?
>Yes. But you need to activate the license at SDL International website.

2- The agency I work for uses it, and they allow me to work into their office, but as a freelance, working in my free time, I'd like to work from home. Do you think the software is a good investment?
>Yes. But you must get good training on how to use this CAT tool.

3- I'm also new on ProZ, and I saw a few posts refering to group prices. Can someone explain a little more about this. How long would I have to wait to buy it this way?
>Purchase as batch with the price much lower than the standard retail price of SDL International.
Is the beginners kit (training + sdl trados 2007) for 700 dlls a good deal? or should I wait more?
>Yes. If you are too busy to get training in another method.

4. one last thing. I got a .itd file. Does trados 6.5 or 7 work with this file extension? I tried to open his at the ofice and couldn't
>No. *.itd file is handled in SDLX, another software package in your SDL Trados 2007 application. It is a translation application run in a manner different from Trados but inter-exchangeable in a number of ways: translation memory (TM), conversion from and to *.itd into *.ttx [Trados translation application], Import & Export of files.

Regards,
Soonthon L.

Francisca Otero
English to Spanish
+ ...
trados trial version Sep 17, 2008

Hello everybody!

Does anyone knows the link to trados demo/trial version? I would lke to try it before purchasing.
Thanks,
Francisca.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Questions about SDL Trados 2007 before purchasing it

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs