Thread poster: Astrid vanBeek

Astrid vanBeek  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:26
English to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 17, 2008

Hi all,
I am working on a project (hundreds of pre-translated .ttx files; html is the target format) where I will be editing XU protected segments in Tageditor and each time I want to open such a segment, I have to go to options - tools - protection and deselect the XU tag option.
I thought I could just click on the 'lock' and then go into the segment, but, although that is already 'open', I still can't edit it.
Am I missing something here or is there a faster way to go into a XU segment and edit it?

Any suggestion is welcome!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:26
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Deselect both options Sep 17, 2008

They are quite self explaining.
If you just switch off the XU protection, the second setting does set it back again when closing segment.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing XU segments in Tageditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs