Mobile menu

Tag Editor causes PC to hibernate
Thread poster: Paula Heaton
Paula Heaton  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:19
Spanish to English
Sep 18, 2008

I'm using Tag Editor 8 (Build 835) to translate several Excel documentos. At the beginning of each document I don't seem to have any problems but as I progress, every time I go onto the next section to translate, my PC is sent into hibernation mode for anything up to 2 minutes. This does not occur with any other program on my PC or when working with workbench in word and has never happened before.

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
OS, explanations Sep 18, 2008

Just to make sure, by hibernation you mean your PC goes into power-saving mode with the screen going blank, disk drives turning off etc.? And then it comes back and everything is on the screen the way it was with the TagEditor window still open?

Also, which Operating System are you using? And are you working on a laptop perchance?
Are you using keyboard shortcuts or clicking the buttons/menu items?

To make an educated guess, this sounds as though you have a keyboard shortcut defined for putting your PC into hibernation and it conflicts with the Trados keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+Alt+Plus key, maybe?)

Paula Heaton  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Tag Editor causes PC to hibernate Sep 18, 2008

Yes, that's exactly what happens, although it now seems that every once in a while the keyboard starts entering accents and inverted commas where they shouldn't be and my PC doesn't hibernate every time I use the shortcut, only once every 5 or 6 times.... I have Windows XP installed and its a PC, not a laptop.
Many thanks for your help!

[Editado a las 2008-09-18 11:20]

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Hybernate or not hybernate, this is a question Sep 18, 2008

Could it be that TagEditor gets into a never never land and then OS just decides to hybernate, because there's no (mouse/display) activity?

To check this, adjust the energy/hybernate options to see if it makes any difference. If it is TagEditor, then the time to hybernate should not change.

I am pretty sure, however, there's something fishy about TagEditor - check the task list to see what processes are running. And/or kill tagEditor to see if the system comes back.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor causes PC to hibernate

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs