Mobile menu

How to use SDLX for a Word document
Thread poster: Charlotte Milstein
Charlotte Milstein  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:18
German to English
Sep 18, 2008

Hi all,

This may seem like a stupid question, but I am BRAND NEW to SDLX and I cannot find the answer in the help or anywhere online and I don't even know if it is possible... so here goes.

I have a word doc and I would like to use SDLX to translate it. How do I get it from WORD to SDLX?

sorry if this is a stupid question, but everyone here is so nice and helpful I thought for sure SOMEONE would help!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-09-18 08:26]

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:18
Partial member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
User manual Sep 18, 2008

1. You can read PDF documents in SDLX folder on how to use it.
2. Open SDLX and read Help.
3. Search on Internet about how to.

Soonthon L.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:18
SDL Support Team... Sep 18, 2008

Hello Charlotte,

The best way to start is to right click on the Word document, select "Translate with SDLX" from the mouse menu and follow the steps.

If you do not see this menu then please open the SDLX switchboard and go to Tools -> Options -> General and select the "Enable SDLX items on context menus" option.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:18
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Use project wizard Sep 18, 2008

You start SDLX, after some minutes it should have established itself in the bottom line of your screen to the right.
Right-click the icon and choose Project wizard. Then you have to choose the languages and the file type and select the file. In the end you get a project folder with the itd-file in it. Double-click it and the editor opens.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to use SDLX for a Word document

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs