Charlotte Milstein
Charlotte Milstein  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:16
Member (2020)
German to English
Sep 18, 2008

Hi all,

This may seem like a stupid question, but I am BRAND NEW to SDLX and I cannot find the answer in the help or anywhere online and I don't even know if it is possible... so here goes.

I have a word doc and I would like to use SDLX to translate it. How do I get it from WORD to SDLX?

sorry if this is a stupid question, but everyone here is so nice and helpful I thought for sure SOMEONE would help!

Thanks,

Charlotte

[Sub
... See more
Hi all,

This may seem like a stupid question, but I am BRAND NEW to SDLX and I cannot find the answer in the help or anywhere online and I don't even know if it is possible... so here goes.

I have a word doc and I would like to use SDLX to translate it. How do I get it from WORD to SDLX?

sorry if this is a stupid question, but everyone here is so nice and helpful I thought for sure SOMEONE would help!

Thanks,

Charlotte

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-09-18 08:26]
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 18:16
English to Thai
+ ...
User manual Sep 18, 2008

1. You can read PDF documents in SDLX folder on how to use it.
2. Open SDLX and read Help.
3. Search on Internet about how to.

Regards,
Soonthon L.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:16
English
SDL Support Team... Sep 18, 2008

Hello Charlotte,

The best way to start is to right click on the Word document, select "Translate with SDLX" from the mouse menu and follow the steps.

If you do not see this menu then please open the SDLX switchboard and go to Tools -> Options -> General and select the "Enable SDLX items on context menus" option.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:16
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Use project wizard Sep 18, 2008

You start SDLX, after some minutes it should have established itself in the bottom line of your screen to the right.
Right-click the icon and choose Project wizard. Then you have to choose the languages and the file type and select the file. In the end you get a project folder with the itd-file in it. Double-click it and the editor opens.
Regards
Heinrich

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to use SDLX for a Word document

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »