Trados S-Tagger and Framemaker 8
Thread poster: Debmc
Debmc
Debmc
English
Sep 18, 2008

Hi

I have a really annoying problem that happens for Asian lnaguages only, when i convert the mifs to rtf to prepare for translation i use the correct language settings in s-tagger and select symbol for character set. And change source marker length to 185.

All fine but when i get the translated files back, i clean them into the Memory first then save target as (i have noticed that characters can be removed using the automatic clean on the files but the tm is ok) but w
... See more
Hi

I have a really annoying problem that happens for Asian lnaguages only, when i convert the mifs to rtf to prepare for translation i use the correct language settings in s-tagger and select symbol for character set. And change source marker length to 185.

All fine but when i get the translated files back, i clean them into the Memory first then save target as (i have noticed that characters can be removed using the automatic clean on the files but the tm is ok) but when i go to convert back to MIF, this problem occurs bullet points are corrupted only, the text is fine but these bullet points appear as questions marks.

I have tried everything to fix this, i know its minor and can be fixed in DTP but it shouldnt be happening. Anyone have any ideas to put me out of my misery?

Thanks in advance
Debra
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados S-Tagger and Framemaker 8

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »