Opened tag settings don't remain in Tag Editor
Thread poster: Suzanne De Loos

Suzanne De Loos  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:22
Member (2006)
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 18, 2008

I have a problem with defining the tag settings for a new project - I'm sure I'm making some stupid mistake but nevertheless this has kept me busy all morning!

I open the tag settings in Tag Editor (HTML settings), and when I close Tag Editor and reopen it, the settings remain inserted. But since I want to open a new project in Synergy, I know I need to close Synergy and open it again to have the new tag settings applied.
But.. when I open Synergy again and open Tag Editor from there, the settings have disappeared!

Result is that when I add the files in the new project wizard, of course the message "tag settings not set" appears...

I hope someone can help out, thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 15:22
English to Czech
+ ...
Forget about Synergy Sep 20, 2008

It's as simple as that. I tried to use it several times last year but found that it was just consuming my valuable time.
Synergy's only useful feature is converting bundles of files in batch mode which can be also done from within the TagEditor "Open File" dialog.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opened tag settings don't remain in Tag Editor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs