Thread poster: Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Sweden
Local time: 07:51
German to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 18, 2008

I'm running TagEditor 8.2.0.835. I just got a bunch of TTX files which give me the following problem:

When opening a TTX file, I get this error message: "Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format: Filter definition not found: RegEx File Filter 1.0.0.0."

Despite this, the file opens, and it is possible to edit and save it - but it is impossible to save the translation as target.

The strange thing is that I do have RegExFileFilter_1_0_0_
... See more
I'm running TagEditor 8.2.0.835. I just got a bunch of TTX files which give me the following problem:

When opening a TTX file, I get this error message: "Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format: Filter definition not found: RegEx File Filter 1.0.0.0."

Despite this, the file opens, and it is possible to edit and save it - but it is impossible to save the translation as target.

The strange thing is that I do have RegExFileFilter_1_0_0_0.xml on my system (in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SDL International\Filters).
Anyway, I tried to rename the file to RegEx File Filter 1.0.0.0.xml - but that did not help, TagEditor still says that the filter definition is not found.

Is there no solution to this?
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Hotfix to build 836 Sep 18, 2008

Hi Hans,
Not sure if this is related to your problem, but there's a hotfix for TagEditor build 835, upgrading TE to build 836. (Workbench will still show build 835.)

Perhaps it helps.

Best, Ralf

Raphafrappin
Raphafrappin
Poland
English to French
+ ...
file was probably created using a RegEx filter Sep 18, 2008

Hi Hans,

According to what you describe, the TTX file was generated using a RegEx filter. These filters are normally located (under XP) here: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SDL International\Filters
You might want to contact whoever supplied the TTX file to you, ask them to copy the RegEx File Filter 1.0.0.0 from the above location and send it across to you. Then you paste it in the same folder on your PC and test again.

Good luck,
Raph
... See more
Hi Hans,

According to what you describe, the TTX file was generated using a RegEx filter. These filters are normally located (under XP) here: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SDL International\Filters
You might want to contact whoever supplied the TTX file to you, ask them to copy the RegEx File Filter 1.0.0.0 from the above location and send it across to you. Then you paste it in the same folder on your PC and test again.

Good luck,
Raphaëlle
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Try this... Sep 18, 2008

Hello Hans,

We have an article with the SDL knowledge base which should fix this issue. Please read the following article and follow the instructions provided:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1643&p=1

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Did not work, unfortunately Sep 18, 2008

Thank you for your suggestion, Gareth. Unfortunately, it did not help.

I had exactly the right path already in that register key - but I deleted it and inserted the one I copied according to the SDL KB article.

But the result is still the same - "Filter definition not found: RegEx File Filter 1.0.0.0".

As I pointed out originally, the RegEx filter file is there, in the filter folder where it should be, but TagEditor seems unable to find it.

Péter Tófalvi
Péter Tófalvi  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
I have the same problem Nov 4, 2008

Dear Hans,

Have you tried Raphaëlle's suggestion?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

RegEx File Filter 1.0.0.0 problem in TagEditor

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »