Mobile menu

Only one Workbench window?
Thread poster: CanTrans
English to French
Sep 18, 2008

Hi All,

I have SDL Trados 2007 Freelancer version.

I would like to be able to consult different TMs in one particular area from multiple clients.

Is it normal that I can't open more than one Workbench window at a time?

I'm not in a LAN or anything, only stand-alone computer.

Here's the error I get : An error occurred while trying to verify the license. Please check the installation and try again. Translator's Workbench Freelance will now close.

Direct link Reply with quote

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:49
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes, only one Sep 18, 2008

I´m afraid you can´t open more than one Workbench window with the freelance version, I don´t know how many windows you can open with other versions.
But you can go to Tools - Concordance - Options and load another TM in the Reference translation memory box. Then use the Concordance search from the menu, or highlight the term in the source language and press Alt + up arrow to do the search.

If you want to have more than two translation memories opened, a very basic solution would be to import them in txt format, open them in Notepad and search terms using the Find command in the Edit menu.
I´m sure there are better ways to do this, but not from within Workbench.

Good luck!

Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:49
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Merge your TMs into one for the project Sep 18, 2008

If you have multiple TMs that you want to use for a certain project, why don't you create a single TM from them?
Export each TM, create a new TM and import everything.
Then translate using this monster TM.
At the end, if you want to have a TM of your translation, clean it into an empty TM, or into the client-specific TM, if you have one.

English to French
Excellent solutions Sep 18, 2008

Thanks everyone!
Thant was very useful!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Only one Workbench window?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs