Rutger Cornets de Groot
Rutger Cornets de Groot  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:59
English to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 18, 2008

Hi,
I am running SDL Trados 2007, version 8.0. My client sent me an ITD file, and I would like to use a TM that I created in Workbench. My question is, how do I use this TM file, which I have both as txt and tmw file, with SDL Edit? Put differently, is there a way to convert the TM file to an MDB file?
Many thanks for your help!

Rutger Cornets de Groot
Rutger Cornets de Groot  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry to have bothered you guys Sep 18, 2008

After having waited a while for answers I understand now why I didn't get any... A clear case of RTFM! In the manual, I was pointed at the Maintain feature, and it did the trick for me. Thanks for helping me by remaining silent!
Kindly,
Rutger

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
RTFM... :) Sep 20, 2008

Anyway, you can also export your Workbench TM into TMX and import the TMX in MDB (SDLX TM format).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Import Trados TM into SDL?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »