TagEditor and Synergy encountered a problem SDL trados 2007
Thread poster: Stefania Williams

Stefania Williams  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:29
English to Italian
Sep 18, 2008

Hello,

I have installed SDL trados 2007 and worked with Synergy for about 1 year.
I had issues working with synergy with a big file (word file kept crashing) and removed SDL Trados 7.0 temporarily working with 6.0 (7.5).

I have now tried to reload SDL trados 7.0, but I am having the following problems:

TagEditor does not work:
AppName: tageditor.exe AppVer: 8.0.0.826 ModName: tradospluginmgr.dll
ModVer: 8.0.0.822 Offset: 00001c38
Consequently, synergy needs to close.

I have removed Multiterm, now, to see if this was causing the issue, but still remains.
I have seen some posting on the same subject, and tried the same solutions (uploaded latest version of Microsoft.net Framework Version 2,0, registered again), but the problem remains.
I have also spent hours on the translationzone.com website, without success.

Please, I need help! I am starting a translation for a new client, soon, and tageditor is a "must" for the project.

Also, I have also SDL Trados 6.0 and 6.5 in the same PC - can I delete the previous versions without problems?

THANKS YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!

Stefania

Direct link Reply with quote

Charles Wu  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:29
English to Chinese
+ ...
I have a similar problem with SDL TRADOS 2007 Sep 19, 2008

I have encountered the similar problem, I purchased the SDL trados 2007 last week, but the workbench always failed whatever I tried. I write several emails to the SDL without reply (while I always get prompt reply when I ask how to pay for the product).
Maybe you need to re-install the Windows and try again. Before re-instrall, don't forget to return the licence via "Licence manager"
Good luck.

[Edited at 2008-09-19 08:40]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-09-19 19:13]

United Kingdom
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
SDL translationzone should have a chatline Sep 19, 2008

SDL Trados is a quite expensive product, and it's a shame the direct support is slow.

If there is anyone in SDL listening there, I suggest they get a chatline, like Norton and Windows do, for example. It's very distressing to look for a solution in their articles, the search is quite complicated, and then not having a support when you are stuck.

If we write to them, we are really stuck.

I heard that wordfast offers 3 year telephone support for every new product.

SDL should listen to their customers.

I still have to work it out, and I have compromised a full day work.

Many thanks for your support.

Stefania

United Kingdom
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Sep 19, 2008

I have posted a support request on www.translationzone.com, and I was contacted today by expert Gareth Powell.

Gareth took remote control of my computer, and problem was fixed.

I learnt that I could delete previous versions of Trados, running 7.0 (826) alone, although my versions are upgrade.

I would like to thank Gareth for his support. Gareth was very professional and explained every step of the process, from removing all version to cleaning up of the system.

Many thanks

Stefania

Charles Wu  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:29
English to Chinese
+ ...
Congratulations Sep 19, 2008

Congratulations
Well , I also posted a support request on www.translationzone.com--Hope it's free.
Hope somebody could contact me and resovle my problem.

While I fin
stefi wrote:

I have posted a support request on www.translationzone.com, and I was contacted today by expert Gareth Powell.

Gareth took remote control of my computer, and problem was fixed.

I learnt that I could delete previous versions of Trados, running 7.0 (826) alone, although my versions are upgrade.

I would like to thank Gareth for his support. Gareth was very professional and explained every step of the process, from removing all version to cleaning up of the system.

Many thanks

Stefania

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor and Synergy encountered a problem SDL trados 2007

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs