Thread poster: Charles Wu
Charles Wu
Charles Wu  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:49
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sep 19, 2008

Hi, all:
I have used the Trados 7.0 for a long time, and last week I purchased a SDL trados 2007 SP2 , unfortunately, there is problems with workbench,
Whatever I tried, there are the same results--Failure, and always with the following error message popped up:
"An error occurred while trying to verify the license. Please check the installation and try again. Translator’s Workbench will now close."

I have attempt the following methodes,but the problem
... See more
Hi, all:
I have used the Trados 7.0 for a long time, and last week I purchased a SDL trados 2007 SP2 , unfortunately, there is problems with workbench,
Whatever I tried, there are the same results--Failure, and always with the following error message popped up:
"An error occurred while trying to verify the license. Please check the installation and try again. Translator’s Workbench will now close."

I have attempt the following methodes,but the problem (workbench failed) persists:
1. Checked the license and un-/reinstalled EVERYTHING (all SDL/Trados files).
2. Go to Start -> All Programs -> SDL International -> SDL Trados 2007 -> Trados and then run the "Register SDL Trados 2007” .bat file.
3. Close my anti-virus and fire-wall, then re-activate the product on-line, still failed.
4. I checked the SDL knowledge base, but Nothing.

It is so frustrating...And now I doubt that whether I paid for a valid product?
anybody could help me? Many thanks!

[Edited at 2008-09-19 04:05]
Collapse

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:49
Swedish to English
+ ...
A couple of suggestions Sep 19, 2008

1. I suggest checking out the SDL License Manager (from TWB Help). Do you need to activate your license?
2. Make sure TWB (TW4Win.exe) is not already running in Windows Task Manager). If necessary, use End Process.
3. Reboot. Try again.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:49
English
SDL Support... Sep 19, 2008

Hello Charles,

This error message usually occurs if you are trying to run SDL Trados 2007 Freelance on a network with other SDL Trados users. SDL Trados 2007 Freelance is not designed for this purpose. However, if you are interested in using SDL Trados 2007 for this purpose then I recommend you purchase the professional version or a floating license file.

Please contact our sales team at [email protected] for m
... See more
Hello Charles,

This error message usually occurs if you are trying to run SDL Trados 2007 Freelance on a network with other SDL Trados users. SDL Trados 2007 Freelance is not designed for this purpose. However, if you are interested in using SDL Trados 2007 for this purpose then I recommend you purchase the professional version or a floating license file.

Please contact our sales team at [email protected] for more information.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team
Collapse

Romina Fanzini
Romina Fanzini  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Italian
+ ...
Same problem here Sep 19, 2008

Hi!

I have the same problem!Last time I 'ignored' the message and managed to work with TWB without problems...However, this is a problem that must be solved some way or other...

As regards the licence on network:

SDL Support wrote:

This error message usually occurs if you are trying to run SDL Trados 2007 Freelance on a network with other SDL Trados users.

I've bought a new laptop and installed the CCM Suite on it with my licence (because my old laptops and my new one are *not* connected in a network!!); however, I get the same message!!!How come?

Good luck Charles!I hope we both can solve this problem (and I'm sure we're not the only ones!!)

Romina

Charles Wu
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Dear SDL Supporter Sep 19, 2008

SDL Support wrote:

Hello Charles,

Please contact our sales team at [email protected] for more information.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

[Edited at 2008-09-19 11:34]

[Edited at 2008-09-19 11:36]

[Edited at 2008-09-19 22:38]

Charles Wu
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
crazy and desperate Sep 19, 2008

Romina and Peter, thanks for your reply.
I spend a full day on that god damned workbench, but still in vain. Now I am totally crazy and desperate!

[Edited at 2008-09-19 22:39]

Charles Wu
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Live support Sep 19, 2008

Hi, ALL
Gareth Powell give me a live support so I get problem resolved. Many thanks!

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Reality check Sep 19, 2008

Charles Wu wrote:

First of all, thank you for you zealous but useless & nugatory support.

Charles Wu wrote:

Hi, ALL

I guess you owe these guys an apology.
I'm fully aware software problems can drive you mad, but please let's not forget there are human beings 'on the other side'.

Best regards,
Ralf

Charles Wu
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem resolved Sep 19, 2008

Hi
Thanks for all of your message, I found that the workbench failure is a common issue that some of us ever suffered. And there is already a solution:
Post a request via : http://www.translationzone.com/en/support/solution-finder.asp , then following the instruction.
Last night I post a request on the link, And Gareth from SDL call me and send me two patch files, then the problem get fixed. Thanks!

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Charles Wu wrote:

First of all, thank you for you zealous but useless & nugatory support.

Charles Wu wrote:

Hi, ALL

I guess you owe these guys an apology.
I'm fully aware software problems can drive you mad, but please let's not forget there are human beings 'on the other side'.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL trados 2007 --'An error occurred while trying to verify the license...'

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »