Mobile menu

TagEditor toolbar missing
Thread poster: Amy Henrickson

Amy Henrickson  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:26
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Sep 19, 2008

I have SDL Trados 7.5 and Windows XP Pro. I just opened an Excel document in TagEditor, I opened a segment, I have a "jumpy" mouse today, and suddenly my Workbench toolbar was gone. I have tried to move around all my other toolbars to see if it could be hiding underneath and I have searched a lot of forums (SDL Trados and others), but none seem to have this problem other than in Word. My Workbench toolbar is still visible in Word, so I don't think it could be a macro issue. Does anybody have a clue?

Amy

Direct link Reply with quote

sophie_jane
German to English
Workbench Sep 19, 2008

Go to "View", then "Toolbars" and then make sure "Workbench" is ticked.

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
From the menu Sep 19, 2008

If you go to the View menu, select Toolbars and then you should see a list of toolbars that are available for selection (if not already selected).

Can you re-select the Standard toolbar from there?

English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Already tried this Sep 19, 2008

Thanks for your reply. I have already tried selecting and unselecting all the toolbars a number of times. The Workbench toolbar was activated in the first place, by the way.

Mari Noller
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:26
English to Norwegian
+ ...
It's moveable Sep 19, 2008

Something similar happened to me once. I accidently dragged the toolbar outside of the screen area and couldn't get it back. The ability to move the toolbars around isn't always so helpful. I remember trying to select and unselect the toolbar under the View menu but I think I had to repair the program to get the toolbar back.

English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Runtime Error! too ... Sep 19, 2008

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have done the basics over and over already ... It's more complicated than that. It might be that my "jumpy" mouse dragged the toolbar out of the window and got lost, like Mari suggested. I have even tried reinstalling Trados, but it didn't work.

I'm now having additional problems, as I'm also getting the message: "Runtime Error! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way." Please contact the application support team for more information. It has completely messed up the TagEditor document that I was working on so that I couldn't save it and couldn't save the target. To top it up, Trados is not working on my secondary computer either.

In short, I have had an awful computer day and have to sort this out before the end of the weekend! Suggestions still very welcome!

Mari Noller
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:26
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Uninstall Sep 20, 2008

All problems should disappear if you uninstall the program. You won't lose any TM's so you can safely uninstall and reinstall it.

English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Sep 22, 2008

Ok, so it turns out that my firewall Comodo was causing the problem ... Apparently Comodo doesn't work very well with Trados, hence all the weird issues I was having. I was able to work it out through another thread about the C++ Runtime error I was experiencing.

I had tried uninstalling and reinstalling Trados several times to no avail, so I was pleased when I finally managed to solve this issue!

Thanks to everybody for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor toolbar missing

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs