TagEditor: Tag settings file for Indesign documents (INX)
Thread poster: Ulrich Leininger
Ulrich Leininger
Ulrich Leininger  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:54
English to German
Sep 20, 2008

Hi everyone,

I have received an INX (Indesign) file that I am supposed to translate with Tageditor. I use Tageditor 7.0.

The file opens, but the message appears:

"This document contains the unknown DOCTYPE declaration/root element "docu". A tag settings file has not yet been defined for this document type."

Probably as a result, there are a couple of segmentation errors. I guess the problem could be fixed if I found the tag settings (INI) file
... See more
Hi everyone,

I have received an INX (Indesign) file that I am supposed to translate with Tageditor. I use Tageditor 7.0.

The file opens, but the message appears:

"This document contains the unknown DOCTYPE declaration/root element "docu". A tag settings file has not yet been defined for this document type."

Probably as a result, there are a couple of segmentation errors. I guess the problem could be fixed if I found the tag settings (INI) file for Indesign files which does not appear to be in my Trados directory.

Any ideas where to get it?
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 15:54
English to Thai
+ ...
InDesign version Sep 20, 2008

1. Check for INX file version: InDesign CS3 or CS2 or older. Trados 2007 only work with InDesign CS3 INX files.
2. Trados Knowledge Base has explanation & patch for error handling of SDL Trados 2007. It may applies with your Trados 7.0.

Regards,
SL

Antoine Emeriaud
Antoine Emeriaud  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:54
Member (2009)
English to French
7.1 Sep 20, 2008

Ni hao,

Trados only supports INX files from version 7.1.

Hope this helps.

[edited to remove a link]

[Edited at 2008-09-20 10:57]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor: Tag settings file for Indesign documents (INX)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »