Gurudutt Kamath  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 06:18
French to English
+ ...
Sep 20, 2008

Hello Proz,

Trados 2007 with Word 2002 (Windows XP)

This is a well known problem of toolbars and menu bars disappearing. Proz, Microsoft, and SDl forums provide plenty of solutions. I have removed the PDF Maker as suggested by some. I have removed some of the registry entries. I have tried out the Toolbars Handout provided by the Trados Indian distributor (the Trados8.dot exists in both the places -- the Microsoft area and the Trados area).

Yes, in my case
... See more
Hello Proz,

Trados 2007 with Word 2002 (Windows XP)

This is a well known problem of toolbars and menu bars disappearing. Proz, Microsoft, and SDl forums provide plenty of solutions. I have removed the PDF Maker as suggested by some. I have removed some of the registry entries. I have tried out the Toolbars Handout provided by the Trados Indian distributor (the Trados8.dot exists in both the places -- the Microsoft area and the Trados area).

Yes, in my case the Trados menu in the Word Menu bar appears only for a few seconds and disappears. The TW4Win toolbar (Workbench) is available and I can continue with my work. However, as the Menu bar is NOT available, I cannot use the Fix document command.

Oh, fellow professionals and experts, Trados Gurus, please help me by solving this problem.

Problem: Trados menu disappears from Word menu bar. I need it on the Menu bar.

Proz is a really wonderful place and all of you are so helpful and kind. Thank you very much.

Guru
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 07:48
English to Thai
+ ...
In my cases Sep 20, 2008

I also met with the problem you met SOMETIMES.
My last resort was seeking the macros in Word and use the macro instead of all missing menu of Trados on Word.
Those macro names start with Trados e.g. Trados.clean.main .....

Regards,
SL

Optiproz Pri (X)
Optiproz Pri (X)
Local time: 02:48
English
check kb... Sep 20, 2008

check this article out and follow the steps there:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2086&p=1

Cheers

Gurudutt Kamath
India
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks -- Interesting Idea Sep 20, 2008

Hello Thanks for an interesting idea. Never thought of this solution. Do let me know some of the macros which you use frequently. Your name is so Indian. Many thanks for a good idea and best wishes.

Guru

Gurudutt Kamath
India
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks -- Good Links Sep 20, 2008

Hello Optiproz Prime,

Thanks for the excellent link. However, I tried all the methods suggested. None of it worked.

BTW, you have any clues about deleting registry entries. I have a feeling that the registry entries for Word/Trados have been messed up. I tried my best to clean them, but was unable to do so.

If you or anyone can recommend a good registry cleaner to remove specific TRADOS or erroneous Word entries -- I would be happy. On the Microsoft site th
... See more
Hello Optiproz Prime,

Thanks for the excellent link. However, I tried all the methods suggested. None of it worked.

BTW, you have any clues about deleting registry entries. I have a feeling that the registry entries for Word/Trados have been messed up. I tried my best to clean them, but was unable to do so.

If you or anyone can recommend a good registry cleaner to remove specific TRADOS or erroneous Word entries -- I would be happy. On the Microsoft site there are some excellent write-ups. However, I am unable to understand it fully and use them.

I have Vilma Registry. (All the other registry cleaners just delete a few entries or a few insignificant entries.) I have a feeling that I MAY have a lot of redundant entries (programs deleted but registry entries remained, including that of the old TRADOS.)

Optiproz, your link was really superb (surprisingly, I did not find them). There is another page which talks about this solution from the Toolbars disappearing angle. I went through it and it still did not work.

Many thanks and best wishes. (As I am able to work without the menu, it is fine.)

Guru
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 07:48
English to Thai
+ ...
Wise Registry Cleaner Sep 21, 2008

I am using Wise Registry Cleaner. It is a freeware to clean registers.

Regards,
SL

Wendy Cummings
Wendy Cummings  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:48
Spanish to English
+ ...
Trados support Sep 26, 2008

I had exactly the same issue - menu appears, then disappears, but toolbar fine.

The solution eventually came from the Trados support guys themselves. I think there was some issue with Multiterm template interaction, and he sent me a patch to install and it fixed the problem.

You may therefore have to send a request for support from Trados so that they can do the same.

Gurudutt Kamath
India
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re-install Word Sep 30, 2008

Hello Proz,

Thanks for all your help.

I re-installed Word and my Trados and Multi-term menus are back in the place.

So the solution is to RE-INSTALL WORD based on my experience.

Thanks and best wishes.

Guru

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench Trados Menu disappears

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »