Thread poster: Jacques DP
Jacques DP
Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 07:27
English to French
Sep 20, 2008

Hello there,

As indicated in another post, I need to check the terminology used in a large project against a client-provided glosssary.

I tried to use the SDL Trados (2007) Terminology Verifier in Tageditor, but I can't seem to make it work.

I have read the documentation, selected a Verification Criterion (first one) in the tab of same name in the plug-in properties. Also, only this plug-in is selected in the Plug-Ins dialog.

When I launch the
... See more
Hello there,

As indicated in another post, I need to check the terminology used in a large project against a client-provided glosssary.

I tried to use the SDL Trados (2007) Terminology Verifier in Tageditor, but I can't seem to make it work.

I have read the documentation, selected a Verification Criterion (first one) in the tab of same name in the plug-in properties. Also, only this plug-in is selected in the Plug-Ins dialog.

When I launch the verification (F8), it tells me that the document was verified and no error was found. However, when manually checking the segments, I have found cases in which the glossary translations have not been used.

Any idea?

Thanks.

[Edited at 2008-09-20 12:17]
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
maybe its the curosr position ... Sep 20, 2008

it's far-fatched, but there's cases in Tag Editor (with global commands!), , where it makes a difference, where the cursor is at that given moment - looks like the global command like f8 (possibly it is f7 ...) is understood as "...from here to the end of file...".

Regards

Vito

Jacques DP
Switzerland
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Nope + new message Sep 20, 2008

Thanks Vito for the suggestion, however I get the same result with the cursor at the top of the document.

Well, there is something new (I had it a few times already, but not at the beginning, I think), now I get the a SDL Trados Terminology Verifier error box that says "Type incompatible" (localized message, I guess the original one is "Incompatible type"). Then it checks everything for some time, and report no errors...

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 00:27
Spanish
+ ...
Are you using a Multiterm termbase? Sep 20, 2008

As far as I know (I might be wrong), you have to use a Multiterm termbase with the same languages used on the TM.

Jacques DP
Switzerland
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Using a MT termbase with same languages Sep 21, 2008

Yes, I am using a MT termbase with same languages. Thanks Claudia. I have to deliver the job tonight, so I will probably do without it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 Terminology Verifier (Tageditor) doesn't work

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »