A error pop up when i cleanup ttx to inx
Thread poster: Colin lee
Colin lee
Local time: 11:31
Chinese
Sep 24, 2008

Hello friends,

A error pop up when i cleanup ttx to inx,the Error info:-

(-2147467259): Resource (tag) with ID '' has been inserted or modified at Control ID 'document'.
File skipped!

Do you have some ideas about this? my trados version is : SDL Trados 2006

Thanks

[修改时间: 2008-09-24 03:28]

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:31
English
SDL Support... Sep 24, 2008

Hello Colin,

The error message seems to be related to a missing or corrupt tag in the translated document.

What version of InDesign are you using? SDL Trados 2006 does not support InDesign CS3 files.

I would also recommend reading the following article from the SDL knowledge base for some help on working with InDesign files and how to avoid the most common errors:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1287&p=1

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Did you create the ttx on your own? Sep 24, 2008

Did you process the ttx on your computer too?
If no, then this is the reason.
If yes, a tag is obviously missing. Run the tag verifier on the file.

Colin lee
Local time: 11:31
Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks above two Sep 25, 2008

Thanks for your support.

I have fixed this issue. The error reason is:-

I got a inx file with all the layer locking. And file content is blank after pre-translating. so i re-open inx and unlock layer for exporting to inx.But i use original inx for cleanup, so this error pop up. No issue occur if i use the second inx(unlocked layer inx) for cleanup.^_^

Thanks

Translavic
Netherlands
English to Bosnian
+ ...
error while cleaning TTX to INX Mar 30, 2009

Hello,

I have read the above thread with interest. I have the same issue: I cannot clean up TTX files derived from INX.

Our client sent us INX files (created in InDesign CS3), from which we created TTX files ourselves (we work with SDL Trados 2007). Subsequently external translators and revisers have been working on the files. When we received the files back, we could not clean them, receiving the following error:

(-2147467259): Resource (tag) with ID '' has been inserted or modified at Control ID ''.
File skipped!

I ran tag verification in TagEditor and it detected the error indeed, but I have no idea know how to fix it.

Now I read that it might have something to do with locked layers. Could someone explain to me how my client can check whether the INX files have locked layers?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Rianke

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A error pop up when i cleanup ttx to inx

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs