languages support on - installation
Thread poster: Graeme High
Graeme High
Graeme High  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:04
German to English
Sep 25, 2008

I have just installed Trados and foolishly assumed English would already be included as one of the source/target languages in Translator's Workbench.
Now I have DE, SP, FR, NL and IT as my language options for source and target, but no English!
How can I rectify this...does it require a reinstall?
Product is functioning OK otherwise
ANy help much appreciated
Graeme

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 05:04
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
You can change languages only on installation Sep 25, 2008

So you have to reinstall Trados. Also please note that if you have freelance version, you can choose up to 5 languages only.

Uldis

Wendy Cummings
Wendy Cummings  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:04
Spanish to English
+ ...
ditto Sep 26, 2008

I have an identical problem (only mine was caused by the SDL engineer reinstalling yesterday due to a different problem; and forgetting to include English as one of my languages).

In order to reinstall, do I have to remove the programme first? (i.e. Add or Remove Programmes>Remove) - then how do i find it to reinstall it again?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

languages support on - installation

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »