Thread poster: Tracey
Tracey  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 04:19
French to English
+ ...
Sep 26, 2008

Hi everyone,

Back in June I bought the SDL Trados CCM Suite 2007 (Freelance version) via the ProZ TGB page which I installed and activated with the activation code provided on my Trados Account page. Due to loads of work the last couple of months, I only got round to going through the tutorials this week and when I opened MultiTerm Extract which was supposedly part of the package, I received a message saying that the license file could not be found and that MultiTerm Extract would work in demo mode only. When I click on the My Licenses link in my Trados account, it appears that no softkey, etc. licenses can be found. I've been through the SDL knowledgebase to no avail and, of course, because I didn't take out a premium support contract, I can't talk to anyone at Trados directly so I was wondering if anyone else who bought the package recently can tell me how to start up Extract in normal mode. This is probably/hopefully something very simple but I would appreciate any help you can give me!

Thanks
Tracey

Direct link Reply with quote

Umutay Midinova
Kyrgyzstan
Local time: 16:19
English to Russian
+ ...
Some bit of help Sep 26, 2008

Hell Tracey

I am in the same situation running Multiterm Extract in demo mode. Seems very useful. But I happened to contact the local SDL distributor, where I got the license for Trados Freelance. Information is that there is a need to purchase the separate license for this module, and the worst thing it costs as the whole program itself.

Romina Fanzini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:19
English to Italian
+ ...
Same problem solved Sep 26, 2008

Hi!

I had the same problem, but it was solved yesterday with SDL support. I submitted a case log on their website, then they called me and everything was sorted out. Unfortunately, I can't tell you how they solved it, because I didn't really understood it myself, but they did tell me that Extract needed to be bought separately (trouble is, I installed the very same package on my old laptop without any problems!)!!!

Anyway, if you can contact a local SDL distributor, maybe they can give you some help!

Sorry I can't help you that much!

Mexico
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Sep 26, 2008

Thanks for replying, at least I know I'm not alone! I also saw on the website that MultiTerm Extract has a separate license but according to the ProZ TGB, Extract was included so I presume I don't need to pay for another license. Anyway, I've now also submitted a case log so will see if they ever get back to me...

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
The CCM Suite *does* include a MultiTerm Extract license Sep 26, 2008

Hi,

I had a quite intense day with some support issues, one of them was in connection with the CCM Suite (I didn't buy it via TGB in June - my package also includes SDL PhraseFinder).

Anyway, a CCM suite license includes Multiterm Extract: the license in My Licenses did show (SDL Trados 2007 + MultiTerm Extract) and so did my License Manager.

MultiTerm would still run in demo mode. There are some licensing issues (a couple of files have to be deleted and substituted) via hotfix (provided by SDL)

I followed the instructions and now my MT Extract is fully licensed. I must add that SDL was very helpful and as to this issue it also reacted promptly.

Giuliana

[Edited at 2008-09-26 16:38]

Elena Harleman  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Russian
+ ...
What is "log case"? Oct 2, 2008

hi Giuliana,

I suppose I bought the same package as you and have similar problems with multiterm (no interface with Word and Workbench installed, no licence for Extract), but I cannot see on SDL website how I can log a case, it seems this is available only to customers having a service contract, is it not?

Thanks
Elena

Mexico
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Answer Oct 2, 2008

Hi Elena and anyone else who is having trouble,

I finally received an answer from SDL even though I don't have a support agreement.

Here's the link you need to follow in order to get help:

http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?tab=sf&r=0.4414713

Click on "Licensing Problems" on the left, then "My software runs in demo mode only, or Activation/Licensing does not work", NEXT, "Activation Code", NEXT, "I receive an error during activation", NEXT, "My firewall settings are correct", NEXT, "This kind of software is turned off...", then a support form should appear which you can fill in with all your order details.

I received an email from a support representative very quickly. I can forward the solution I received to you if you want although I haven't had time to follow the instructions so am not sure yet if it works.

Bye
Tracey

Tomás Cano Binder, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Glad it works!! Oct 3, 2008

Hi Tracey! I am glad it works for you now!
A big hug,
Tomás

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with MultiTerm Extract License

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs