Marie-Louise Desfray (X)
Marie-Louise Desfray (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:13
English to French
+ ...
Sep 30, 2008

Hi all,

In the verification plugins of TagEditor, there's one called "SDL Trados Terminology verifier" which allows you to check your translation against a termbase. In the properties of the plug-in, there's also an option to search for blacklisted terms ("check for terms which may have been set as forbidden in your termbase") but it appears greyed out on my install. Could it be that this option is not available in Trados freelance? That would be weird since it is mentioned in the H
... See more
Hi all,

In the verification plugins of TagEditor, there's one called "SDL Trados Terminology verifier" which allows you to check your translation against a termbase. In the properties of the plug-in, there's also an option to search for blacklisted terms ("check for terms which may have been set as forbidden in your termbase") but it appears greyed out on my install. Could it be that this option is not available in Trados freelance? That would be weird since it is mentioned in the Help.

I use Windows Vista, Office2007, SDL Trados 2007 Freelance and Multiterm 2007.

I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Cordialement,
/ml
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Try this... Sep 30, 2008

Hello,

Please make sure you have added the termbase first within the Properties menu, under the "Termbase" tab.

You should then be able to select this option.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Marie-Louise Desfray (X)
Marie-Louise Desfray (X)  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
picklist data type rather than text? Sep 30, 2008

Thanks Gareth, but the termbase is already added.
I've also filled in values in the Settings Tab
The 2 first options on the Verification Criteria are enabled.

I'm pretty new to this but after some more playing with it, I think it has to do with my termbase labels. Could it be that my termbase should have the blacklist Descriptive Fields on the terms as "picklist" data type, rather than text? If yes, is there an easy way to convert a text label into a picklist?
... See more
Thanks Gareth, but the termbase is already added.
I've also filled in values in the Settings Tab
The 2 first options on the Verification Criteria are enabled.

I'm pretty new to this but after some more playing with it, I think it has to do with my termbase labels. Could it be that my termbase should have the blacklist Descriptive Fields on the terms as "picklist" data type, rather than text? If yes, is there an easy way to convert a text label into a picklist?

Cordialement,
/ml
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Terminology verifier - "forbidden term" option greyed out

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »