Thread poster: RUgirl

RUgirl  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:52
Member (2009)
Russian to English
+ ...
Sep 30, 2008

I am working on a project in S-Tagger. 11 files 8 languages. Everything was fine. Got .rtf files from translators and then 6 languages worked with no issue and the other 2 both got the Rtf parser error 2030. The help files do not say anything more than contact the provider, which doesn't help much.

I tried:
- re-saving the rtf files.
- comparing code/tags between files that work and same files in a different language that does not work (looks the same... couldn't major differences)
- renaming files so that they are named exactly the same as the reference files in English
- fiddling with settings
- removing formatting before testing the file in S-tagger
- creating a new rtf and pasting the code into it
- cleaning files with Trados 2007 and trying again
- installing the S-Tagger hotfix

The web is being highly unhelpfull as well. I have found at most 1-2 mentions of this error and no real explanation of how to fix it. I do not think that the issue is with the way my original mifs were created since 6 languages worked fine. It's something with the target files, except I have no clue what.

I would be very grateful for some input on this.
I ran out of ideas of what else to try.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:52
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Change the flow to TTX Sep 30, 2008

Sorry, no better idea - but the TTX flow instead of rtf might b a help.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:52
Try this... Oct 1, 2008

We have an article within the SDL knowledge base which may fix this issue. Please read the following article and follow the instructions provided:

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

S-Tagger: rtf parser error (Error 2030)

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs