Mobile menu

Trados error 40007: Error reading TTX file
Thread poster: Ivan Khilko
Ivan Khilko  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:30
Russian to English
Oct 2, 2008

Guys, can someone please help me out with this, having a crazy problem with Trados 7 Freelance. I tried to open a .ttx file I saved in TagEditor yesterday and it gave me an error that says

(40007): Error reading TTX file: An exception occurred! Type: UnexpectedEOFException, Message: The end of input was not expected

Has anyone encountered this and maybe knows how to get it to open the file? I'd really like not to lose all the work I've done on this so far. Any help would be immensely appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Direct link Reply with quote

Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:30
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Later version Oct 2, 2008

Probably it was created with a later version.
Can you open the file with notepad and paste here its header (search for CreationToolVersion)?

Alternatively, you could ask for the original file (non-ttx) and the ini file used to create the ttx file.

[Edited at 2008-10-02 21:37]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados error 40007: Error reading TTX file

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs