Trados error 40007: Error reading TTX file
Thread poster: Ivan Khilko (X)
Ivan Khilko (X)
Ivan Khilko (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:31
Russian to English
Oct 2, 2008

Guys, can someone please help me out with this, having a crazy problem with Trados 7 Freelance. I tried to open a .ttx file I saved in TagEditor yesterday and it gave me an error that says

(40007): Error reading TTX file: An exception occurred! Type: UnexpectedEOFException, Message: The end of input was not expected

Has anyone encountered this and maybe knows how to get it to open the file? I'd really like not to lose all the work I've done on this so far. Any help
... See more
Guys, can someone please help me out with this, having a crazy problem with Trados 7 Freelance. I tried to open a .ttx file I saved in TagEditor yesterday and it gave me an error that says

(40007): Error reading TTX file: An exception occurred! Type: UnexpectedEOFException, Message: The end of input was not expected

Has anyone encountered this and maybe knows how to get it to open the file? I'd really like not to lose all the work I've done on this so far. Any help would be immensely appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

-Ivan
Collapse

Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:31
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Later version Oct 2, 2008

Probably it was created with a later version.
Can you open the file with notepad and paste here its header (search for CreationToolVersion)?

Alternatively, you could ask for the original file (non-ttx) and the ini file used to create the ttx file.

[Edited at 2008-10-02 21:37]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados error 40007: Error reading TTX file

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »