Spelling checker in SDL Lite
Thread poster: Suzanne De Loos

Suzanne De Loos  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:35
Member (2006)
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Oct 6, 2008

Hello, I'm using SDL lite for the first time but I have a problem with the spelling checker.

When I want to define the language for the spelling checker, no languages appear. How can I set the languages?

thank you very much in advance for your help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Åsa Campbell  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:05
English to Swedish
No need Oct 6, 2008

As far as I know the languages are set when the MIF file is created by the agency (I assume it is done by an agency since you are using SDL Lite, not SDLX).

One of my largest clients prefer SDLX and they will create the MIF file for me. I will then translate using SDL Lite and all I have to do to use the spell checker is to select Tools - Check spelling.

If this does not work for you can you please provide more information (error message etc.)

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:35
Partial member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
SDLX spell checkers Oct 6, 2008

For certain Asian languages, I must use MS Word spell checkers.
I copy all segments of SDLX into Word and revise spelling. Copy and paste back into SDL Edit. It is quick and efficient.
Weak point: You need to redo format paint in SDL Edit after this process.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spelling checker in SDL Lite

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs