Thread poster: Birthe Omark

Birthe Omark  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:00
Member (2006)
French to Danish
+ ...
Oct 6, 2008

So, I'm in a pickle again.

I have glued a number of TE-files vis 'glue files' in Synergy, and tranlated them all.
Then I have saved them (which gives me a Master xxx.txt)- file.

This is the one I selece to unglue, but all my single files get the extensions XXX.xml.txt, and cannot be opened.

I am not aware of this having happened before. Can anybody put me on the right track, pleasse?

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 19:00
+ ...
It's an old bug Oct 6, 2008

No problem, though, it's just the names that are wrong. The files are OK.

You can use a tool like this Bulk Rename Utility to rename your files after ungluing.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Glue / unglue files - unglued get extension ABC.xml.txt

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs